Index | Lost Eggs | Game Rules
The game will be played by email, on a specially set up email list. You will find it at: http://gamera.cc/mailman/listinfo/lost_eggs_gamera.cc
In addition, there is also an OOC Chat list located at http://gamera.cc/mailman/listinfo/lost_eggs_ooc_gamera.cc
Please make sure that you read and understand the Posting Guidelines
There's also flexibility in how you post - whether it's long narratives, or short and pithy. Both work; I love long narratives, but I can be equally happy with quick dialogue posts that keep a plot bouncing along. Essentially, whatever rocks your boat.
You may also find I'm giving you a measure of freedom in shaping your posts. That'll be more familiar with people who've played in my games before. I am in control, and will demonstrate that when needed. But ... you're a hand-picked bunch of mature players; I'm not expecting munchkin behaviour. I trust you. I'm expecting everyone to work together, and to advance the game for everyone's enjoyment. So we'll proceed on that basis.
A few points to bear in mind:
1) NPCs are fair game for me. If you've made them, I can pick them up and play them and I can, if I choose, kill them.
2) Other players can kill player NPCs in the right circumstances. It would, however, be considered polite to discuss this with their creator before so doing (unless their creator has been lost in the mists of time and their player is, to all intents and purposes, me. In whch case you should discuss it with me).
3) Other players can play your NPCs if you and I (as GM) agree.
4) If you want to protect your NPCs at all, give 'em points. You can discuss this with me, but not at exhaustive length. I want to put my time into running the game rather than discussing the minutiae of what weapons the third guard from the left is carrying (and how many points they cost). A general outline will be fine.
5) Your NPC is either onstage with your PC, or chatting with another PC (under your or my control). Your NPC will not go off and have adventures on his/her own, GM'ed by me. I don't have time to run plots for back-up characters, now matter how amusing and attractive they are.
Leaving the game
When a player leaves, they may state their wishes as to what should happen to their character and where possible, the GM will respect this. However, players (or rather ex-players) should accept that there is no obligation on the GM to carry out those wishes if to do so would affect the game detrimentally. Once a player leaves, they have no further control on what happens to their character.
For this reason, if you have a major plan for something you would like to do in the game - either solus or working with other players, please run it past me first. That saves the pain of having to withdraw posts.
Any questions about the stuff I've posted here, or other aspects of the game ... ask me.